Nursing & Residential Home
Philosophy Of Care
to the definition of the term philosophy.
in the field of knowledge,
As a particular field of ethics,
We aim to produce a protocol showing the ability to promote care.
aims and objectives of the care package for all Resident's at Redhouse
Nursing and Residential Home are:
Equality for everyone
2. Provision of 24 hour professional care.
3. Whilst maintaining a holistic approach, individualised care for
each specific need will be met.
4. Maintaining dignity, show compassion and empathy to all residents,
relatives and friends.
5. Care staff will be outgoing and friendly. They are trained to
standards set by current protocols.
6. Trained staff have the knowledge and ability to promote high
standards of care and the ability to deliver such care.
7. The ability to co-ordinate with outside agencies and to be part
of a team that promotes quality care.
8. Support and care to all will continue throughout the dying process,
the best interests and wishes of the Resident, family, and friends
9. The trained staff will always be the advocate of the Residents
10.The aims and objectives relating to Resident's needs will always
availability of professionally trained nurses to counsel, advise,
and listen to the Resident's needs is our primary aim. This will
enable all staff to communicate with the Resident and discuss their
needs and for their needs to be met.
have to be aware of the diagnosis and prognosis, along with the
Resident. The knowledge and skills of the trained staff will assist
in the Resident's further understanding of their condition and outcome.
activities will continue as long as the Resident is willing and
with all admissions to Redhouse, the care and comfort of Residents
are of prime concern. Carers who care and are willing and able as
well as trained to meet the standards that are set. The trained
professional Nurses are continually updating in new methods in general
and psychiatric fields of care.
also provide long and short term nursing care.